Monday, May 18, 2009
From Elder Tolman
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2009 3:36:55 PM
Subject: 18-Mayo-2009
Here we go again...
It totally blew my mind last week when I spoke to ya´ll and when I wrote on Monday to wish Leisa a Happy Mother`s Day and Ben a Happy Birthday... So... ¡Felicidades!
This week we had divisions with the assistants. It went alright. When we taught one family about the Gospel of Jesus Christ (faith repentance, etc.) I saw out of the corner of my eye that the assistant had his triple open- looking at his family fotos in place of paying attention to the lesson. It was not E. Archibald, but it was an elder from my generation. Go figure. When we were down there, I got Josh and Jenny´s announcement ( ya´ll look great), a letter from the stake presidency in P.S., and letter from Sarah ( yes, I did get your package, some time ago, in fact). It was nice to get those letters, I appreciate it.
We had another baptism last Saturday. That makes two baptismal services in a row and we have more planned this week. We had one family in teaching that missed a few appointments and so we stopped trying to find them. They suddenly showed up at church yesterday and asked us why we had not come by. They are getting baptized before the end of this month. Pray for Antonio and Abraham, they are having a hard time with the W.of W and the L of C.
Things are going well. My comp is kindly reminding me how many weeks I have left. I feel that I am finding a good balance on it all, thanks to the comments from Josh. I feel .. neat when I look back at where I was 2 years ago. There is a new greenie in the house with me, Elder Robinson, and he´s struggling pretty hard, but he´s doing very well. Its really easy for me to sympathize with him, cause my trainer was a gringo as well and I know how one can struggle with the language. I feel that I am getting better concentration skills with all that is happening around me right now. I can see where I was, where I am, which makes it so much easier to know where to go. WORK HARD!
Its gettin alot hotter. The sunblock doesnt work for very long. I am going to come back looking like a flag, I feel.
All in all, we are working hard. President Johnstun wants to be baptizing 300 a month by the time he finishes. We have a few big steps to take, but when we think about it, thats 4 baptisms per companionship. We diagnosed the numbers in todays district meeting, and we´re getting the idea that we can do it. Right now, the goal is 160. We´re gettin there. The hardest part I feel of my position is keeping my elders excited about working. The best way to do it is by example, of course, and I feel like I am doing well on that part. Of course, there is always room to pick up the pace. Then, I like to think about building faith in the Calling. If the missionaries can realize that they have the Heavanly Hosts with them as they are knockin doors, sometimes that helps. So here´s the question for all you RM´s: What kept you excited to work when you were in the field? I´d love to hear from uncles (especially Mark, if he´s got the time) , dad, grandparents, josh, etc.
I sure love you all!
- Elder Tolman
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment