The whole family was invited to 'the grown-ups' restaurant, Roy's. I'm so glad we decided to bring them. Of course, now we'll never be able to go alone again, but it was so enjoyable to watch their eyes light up as their mouths took in each new bite. Mark always looks forward to treating his parents to something wonderful-so much so that we all enjoy it and look forward to their reactions-but I wasn't anticipating how much fun it would be to watch the kids reactions. Taylor was literally beaming! There we sat, in one of the most beautiful places in the world, every one of the senses engaged: the food was arranged like a work of art, the smell was driving me crazy waiting for everyone else to be served before I could begin, obviously the taste, all the different textures in your mouth- (creamy wasabi mayonnaise, little beads of caviar that explode in your mouth, crunchy tempura, cold ice cream/hot souffle), but the sounds are the best. The 'Bob-like' mmm's and aah's. It was such a great night.Roy's
Appetizers: edamame (with coarse salt, sugar, seasame oil and a Japanese spice) Flying Dragon Roll Ko Olina Roll
Entres: Butterfish, Roys Classic 4, Rack of Lamb, Hibachi Salmon
Dessert: Chocolate Souffle, Elvis Monte Cristo Bread Pudding
(Some of the pictures have links to the recipe!)
My favorite line of the night: Taylor, "What does a butterfish look like? A cube of butter with fins?" I love my Family.




2 comments:
Angie, thank you for bringing back a wonderful memory. I can almost taste it...(I wish!!). Wasn't that a perfect day!!!
Actually, that comment was from Edwina!
Post a Comment