Monday, October 13, 2008
Elder Tolman speaks again
Family. My back hurts. My knees ache. My feet are sore. The mosquitos are everywhere, and the mosquito repellant burns when mixed with sweat and sunlight. Its hard to get a good nights sleep. My suit pants ripped on a bolt head. my scripture case is also breaking. My white shirts are no longer so white. I have to wash my clothes by hand most of the time. My belts are breaking. And my head hurts. But this is by far the happiest days of my life! I have never had such a spiritually rewarding time as I have now. I absolutely LOVE being a missionary! Blessings sre absolutely everywhere! When I first got to this area, weekly sunday attendance was 27-29 for several weeks. Yesterday it was at 50! If we can maintain 60, the Church will buy us a real chapel... I was given the opportunity to ordain a young man to the Aaronic Priesthood yesterday and oh what an awesome experience! We have a family of gold here in one of our local little farmtowns and the mother loves the Gospel! She told us that we are filling the holes in her life that she needed to have filled. We have several people ready for baptism, a branch presidency that is good, and the list goes on. Ya´ll are being blessed, as you tell me. Clayton got married, Josh is a menace to society (finally, that is being officially recognized), and I love my job! I am finding it a little uncomfortable to call this Missionary Work, because it is by far the funnest thing ever! I love my life. I love you all. I cant wait to share more experiences, but right now I dont have time. Keep praying for me, we are doing fine down here, but they say that rough times are coming. Can´t wait! - Elder Tolman p.s. Temple in Missouri...¿! Where else!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment