Last week, I mentioned to one of the sisters here, Sis. Elida, how I had accidentaly ripped my suit pants and would have to buy another suit. I also asked if she would come with us to pick out the suit, to which she quickly agreed. She is 41 years old, married, 2 kids, etc. ¨It should not be too hard. You are a very elegant person.¨ People in my life have called me lots of names, but elegant has never been one of them. ¨What do you mean by that?¨ I asked. She then tried to find a number of different words to explain it, many of them I did not recognize or understand. So, the innocent lady tried to use what little english vocabulary she has to explain what she meant and ended up telling me that I have ¨sex appeal.¨ She said it with a heavy accent, so it took me a second or two to realize what she told me. She realized quicker what she had said and began a very convincing and sincere repentance process. But my companion and I were laughing so hard! We got mail this week. I got a letter from Ruth Harrison, which contained her sister´s wedding invitation, one from Sarah´s sister, Rebekah, one from Lauren Rutledge telling me her AWESOME and very funny conversion story, and a letter from Andrew Brandt, my MTC teacher. And also Sarah´s Halloween package. Now NO ONE needs to send me candy for Christmas. Or toothbrush and toothpaste- she thought ahead on that. Transfers are coming this week, and neither of us want to leave. We´ve been together for two transfers now, but E. Nevares has one more transfer than I do in this area, so he´s most likely leaving. He and I have gotten along great. This week, we had a number of problems come up with our investigators, nearly all of which are connected to the hard-heartedness and spiritual blindness of the fathers/ husbands. I learned alot this week about the necessities (sp?) of the husband in a household ACTIVELY involved in the lives of those of his family. One lady told us that we are filling the holes in her life that her husband is leaving behind. With all the challenges that we´ve been having, that can only mean one thing: a big blessing is about to come. We just gotta keep working hard. But it is sometimes hard to keep working hard with a new companion trying to figure out how to work together. But work we will! Life is good. I have been finding a balance in the Work. There are some things that the Lord expects me to do, and ther are somethings that, no matter my prayers and fasting and teaching, I cannot affect. Those things I do not need to stress over, but rather turn them over to the One who CAN do something about it. Life is happier and success is more abundant. I love this Gospel! It is so cool!Absolutely the best time of my life. But I still miss the temple a good bit. Well, gotta go! -Elder TolmanThe photo is fresh from this morning. it goes:E. Nevares, E. Tolman, Hno. Ambrosio, E. Lopez V., and E. Eakins. Last district meeting for e. Lopez, he goes home next Monday...
No comments:
Post a Comment