Monday, October 27, 2008

Elder Tolman's latest letter

Hey everyone. This last Saturday morning, the Zone Leaders called us and told us we had to be in Culiacan that afternoon for a training meeting with Pres. Johnstun, Elder Anaya ( area seventy), and our branch president. About all priesthood leadership in Culiacan was there. It was so COOL! All the missionaries gave a report on their area and the progress thats happened in record update project here in Mexico and it was so neat to hear the stuff that was going on all around the mission. Miracles are happening here in this place. After the meeting, my companion, the branch president and I headed back to Angostura. President Johnstun knew that we were traveling late, so what I am about to tell you, he already knows. the buses left really late from Culiacan and we didnt even get back to our house until 1:30am. And on top of that, not one soul told us about the hour change, and so we ended up getting to church an hour early and half dead. I love being a missionary! Transfers came. Elder Nevares left. He was a great companion. Very supportive and smart. He helped me out alot. Now President Johnstun is making me a trainer again. My new son is named Elder Rossainz. Nobody is entirely sure what nationality he is, being as that is a name unknown to mexicans and americans. I think he´s swiss or french. We´ll find out. I bought a new suit today, solid black. $1,050 pesos. Thanks to Sister Elida, she bargained the guy down well and kept a good eye on the form. Sex appeal was nowhere to be seen. Life is good. Congrats to Josh for getting engaged! Someone please send me an invitation asap. Just keep praying for me and all that good Gospel stuff. Trainings not easy. I just hope he´s not a gringo because I dont have the patience to teach Spanish. I love you alll! - Elder Tolman

No comments: