Saturday, January 5, 2008

Angie is on her way to a full recovery...Kinda

I don't think that anyone would ever question my love for Angie, but I'm not thrilled with the impact that the radiation treatment is having on her.

5 comments:

Taylor Bassett said...

I am glad that she is....healing so quickly.....she is already looking so much....better?

Angela Bassett said...

Isn't it wonderful to have such a supportive husband? I'm a lucky gal. I'll admit, the melt down effect is daunting-and that's only the face shot. Just imagine what the rest of my body looks like. Seriously, my right arm hangs down almost to my ankle bone, and I have to keep my ring finger tied in a triple knot to keep from tripping on it.
I'm managing fine though. The family has paid a few visits that lift my spirits tremendously. Jeffrey blows me kisses and hugs which I promptly catch and then throw some back his way-he resumes to pull some imgainary spray and rags, wash my hugs and kisses most carefully before applying them. Cute.
Girls-imagine this. I have to take a pill 3 times a day to make me salivate or risk losing my salivary glands. That on top of the nausea, fatigue and the extra 13" around my midsection (no joke there, I brought a tape measure and oh how it hurts) from bloating and water retention, and I look to be about 4 months pregnants without the promise of a new baby this summer. Bummer.
Fortunately, I started taking my new hormone replacement this morning. Haven't noticed any relief of symtoms yet, but my head has started to clear a bit. I now feel moody and angry like I did when I was first on birth control pills 18 years ago. I can feel the sarcasm and ascorbic thoughts crawling into my brain. Splendid. At the moment, I'm not in much shape to meet timid, anxious, new missionaries next week. Can you imagine how much fun I could have if I was still the ornery stinker I was in high school?
It's raining outside, I'm alone and I can't even enjoy all the Christmas goodies I saved and smuggled here in my suitcase because they make me ill! Heavy Sigh.
But still-the photo Mark posted made me giggle. I love it. Despite it all, I'm doing really well. These side effects are nothing to waht they could be, and I know it. I love you all. Glad to see the baby face Bassetts are in the loop. Take care.

Jennifer said...

Has anyone else noticed that Angie still looks pretty good even with her face melting off? I've seen worse pictures of me - what's my excuse?

Laurie said...

Hey all...
Well Angie - sarcastic and ascorbic thoughts have seaped into my brain and have taken over. Except for the occasional foot in my mouth...it's really okay and sometimes even enjoyable and quite "freeing." When it happens I just tell everyone that I'm channeling Granny and they seem to understand. You won't be sick for long. hang on to the treats and remember there is always more where they came from.
To be supportive, my thyroid isn't working right either. After 20+ years with the same dosage, I'm now trying another dose. I call it the "sympathetic thyroid syndrome!" It's just a small service I like to offer to those I love. If anyone wants to get pregnant...I'll be glad to throw up for you as well. But men - hair loss and your on your own! A girl has to draw the line somewhere.
I will suck on hard candy for you and send good thoughts and prayers.

Amanda Bassett said...

That is really funny i hope the side effects will clear.......soon.... Hopfuly